- Josh Hoekstra, a teacher in Minnesota, channels the madness of March into a history tournament.
- Nebraskan teacher Nancy Gould tackled the latest research to learn more about her students' reading struggles and ended up bringing several new strategies into her classroom.
- Pennsylvanian Jennifer Hoffner brings remarkable energy and skill to her teaching, keeping her wiggly first grade students engaged in their learning.
- A teacher in Maine, Jeff Riddle, leads students in an outdoor club, teaching them about leadership, nature, and fitness through adventures, including backpacking in the White Mountain National Forest.
- Patrice Marbry, in Alabama, designs lessons and benchmark tests that support students in applying not only their knowledge of physical science but also team-work and critical thinking.
And for all of you in need of last minute gift ideas, might we suggest a donation through DonorsChoose.org? Here's a story of New York's Emily Chandler --one enterprising teacher who raised $20,000 for her students and classroom through the site... 'tis the season!