The National Council on Teacher Quality is seeking to hire an individual to help lead our research efforts looking at teacher preparation programs in the United States.
There is a strong need to bring transparency to teacher preparation programs because of the vital role they play in supplying teachers to our nation's schools. NCTQ's annual review and rating of teacher preparation programs is designed to give the future teachers and aspiring school districts much better information about individual program quality along with policymakers charged with overseeing programs.
The Research Manager will join the leadership team of NCTQ's Teacher Preparation Studies group consisting of the Managing Director, Director and Senior Policy Analyst. The leadership team directs an on-site staff as well as some 75 contractors working off-site. The Research Manager will work directly with NCTQ's Senior Policy Analyst on tasks of crucial importance to our work, including but not limited to:
- Conducting original research on issues impacting the quality of teacher preparation
- Working with the leadership team to monitor the accuracy of our research and developing new systems to improve accuracy
- Producing research briefs on various issues (e.g., impact of state regulation on the ability of institutions to deliver high quality training)
- Developing, field testing and implementing new standards for evaluating teacher preparation programs
For this position, NCTQ is looking for someone with:
- At least three years experience in education policy analysis
- Top-notch academic record
- Dogged, creative problem- solving skills
- Independent thinker and worker
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional writing ability
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a three to five page writing sample to Susan Douglas, email@example.com.
NCTQ is an equal opportunity employer.