- Sir Michael Barber, a partner in the consulting firm McKinsey & Co. and the former senior education adviser in the U.K. to Prime Minister Tony Blair
- Andrew Chen, the president of EduTron Corp., who spearheaded Massachusetts? pioneering work to reform PK-12 mathematics education; also a former physics professor and research scientist at MIT
- Jo Lynne DeMary, now an education professor at Virginia Commonwealth University, a former Virginia state superintendent of schools
- Paula S. Dominguez, the staff vice chair for the National Conference of State Legislatures' education standing committee
- Michael Johnston, the founder and principal of the Mapleton Expeditionary School of the Arts, a co-founder of New Leaders for New Schools and an education advisor for the Obama campaign.
NCTQ's Advisory Board stirs our creative juices and keeps us straight . We thank our new members and old for their service.