Our goal is to provide solid information for consumers about important features of thousands of teacher prep programs nationwide -- and we know from years of field tests that we can only produce solid information if we have an airtight methodology. From the first step of selecting teacher prep programs to the last step of producing program ratings, NCTQ's work on the Teacher Prep Review has been guided by both a general methodology and more specialized methodologies, each extensive and thoroughly documented. The full set of methodologies is sufficiently comprehensive and prescriptive to ensure reliability of data processing and analysis.
A complete overview of the Review's general methodology.
The more specialized scoring methodology for each of the 17 Review standards rated this year:
- Selection Criteria
- Early Reading
- English Language Learners
- Struggling Readers
- Common Core Elementary Mathematics
- Common Core Elementary Content
- Common Core Middle School Content
- Common Core High School Content
- Common Core Content for Special Education
- Classroom Management
- Lesson Planning
- Assessment and Data
- Student Teaching
- Secondary Methods
- Instructional Design for Special Education
- Evidence of Effectiveness
We thank UPD Consulting for their assistance in developing our quality control system for the Teacher Prep Review.