TQ In Your State
Select a state to view recent publications and commentary in that state.
- Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report The first edition of the NCTQ Teacher Prep Review is an unprecedented evaluation of more than 1,100 colleges and universities that prepare elementary and secondary teachers. As a consumer tool, it allows aspiring teachers, parents and school districts to compare programs and determine which are doing the best -- and worst -- job of training new teachers.
- The Recession's Impact on Teacher Salaries This report breaks down how some of the nation's largest districts adjusted their pay schemes to account for tightened budgets. The report finds that teacher raises for experience and market forces like inflation were one-third to one-half of what they were at the beginning of the recession.
- An inside look at some of the top teacher prep programs Today NCTQ released its Teacher Prep Review, which takes a close look at the quality of training provided by 2,420 teacher preparation programs across the country. Check out our short videos on some of the programs that stand out.
- The First State does it again Yesterday, Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed a bill that raises the bar on admission to teacher prep programs.
- Welcome to our new site! Our new website just launched. Make yourself at home and take a look around!
Keep Up to Date
Stay up to date on the news, research and policies that affect educators.